General Care for Jewellery
These general jewellery care guidelines are relevant for all our pieces of jewellery. Please read them carefully.
- Remember to remove your jewellery before swimming, showering and sleeping.
- Avoid direct contact with cosmetics, hair products and perfume.
- Do not wipe the jewellery with a tissue or a paper towel, as they may leave scratches. When cleaning, wipe them gently with a soft cloth instead.
- If not in use regularly, wipe your jewellery and store in the soft bag for protection.
Please find special jewellery care tips for the different types of jewellery below. They might help you to know more about how to take care of your AislingChou jewellery. Please note that the general care tips are relevant for ALL jewellery - these are just extra tips to keep your jewellery in the best and most beautiful condition.
- Our Lucidream Series pieces are made from sterling silver and acrylic. Unfortunately, the gentle characteristics of acrylic causes scratches to occur easily. Because of this, these pieces will need more attention compared to regular jewellery.
- Cleaning should be done by using a soft cloth to avoid any fingerprints and marks. This also helps to maintain the original gloss.
- It is very important to remove our Lucidream series jewellery before swimming, showering and sleeping.
925 Sterling Silver
- Oxygen is silver’s enemy. Sterling silver will fade and pieces will become duller and darker over time.
- Clean all pieces using a soft cloth to avoid any fingerprints and marks. This also helps maintain the original gloss of the jewellery. We suggest keeping sterling silver pieces in a plastic sealed pouch to avoid tarnishing when stored.
- If you wear your jewellery every day, you will start to see wear over time. But they will become a special part of you and show a beautiful unique finish. It will show they have been loved!
Gold Plated Sterling Silver
- Our gold plated pieces are made of sterling silver that is plated with a thin layer of gold.
- Remember not to buff too hard when using a polishing cloth or a soft cloth.
Oxidized Sterling Silver
- Oxidized sterling silver will fade over time and show the based sterling silver.
- Some people like to see the bright colour come out quietly when they wear oxidized silver jewellery. It gives them that extra spark of character, it’s like time passed away without even noticing.
- If you would like to keep the dark colour as the original, you need to follow all general care guidelines, which can be found at the top of this page.
- If for any reason you damage your jewellery, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to help.
- We are able to fix or repolish most damaged pieces for free within 12 months of your purchase and will only charge you for the return postage. After 12 months we will charge fixing cost depending on the damage and the work that needs to be done.
- We can usually make individual earrings if required.
For any further inquiries on our products, please drop us an email to email@example.com
We are always happy to support and help.