General Care for Jewellery
These general jewellery care guidelines are relevant for all our pieces of jewellery. Please read them carefully.
- Remember to remove your jewellery before swimming, showering and sleeping.
- Avoid direct contact with cosmetics, hair products and perfume.
- Instead of using tissue or paper towels, which can leave scratches, gently wipe your jewellery clean with a soft cloth.
- If you don't wear your jewellery regularly, store it in a soft bag for protection.
You'll also find below some special jewellery care tips for different types of jewellery that might help you take better care of your Aisling Chou pieces. Please note that these are additional tips and that the general care guidelines above apply to all of our jewellery.
Lucid Dream Series (Luna & Nebula)
- The Lucid Dream Series pieces are crafted from sterling silver and acrylic. The delicate nature of acrylic makes it prone to scratching easily. As a result, these pieces require extra care compared to regular jewellery.
- Clean all pieces using a soft cloth to prevent any fingerprints and scratch marks. Doing so also helps to maintain the original gloss.
- To extend the life of the pieces, it is essential to take off our Lucid Dream series jewellery before swimming, showering, and sleeping.
925 Sterling Silver
- Oxygen is silver's enemy. The surface of sterling silver will oxidise, and jewellery pieces will get duller and darken over time.
- Clean all pieces using a soft cloth to avoid any fingerprints and scratch marks. Doing so also helps maintain the original gloss of the jewellery. We recommend storing sterling silver items in a sealed plastic pouch to prevent tarnishing.
- With everyday wear, signs of wear and tear may become visible over time. However, this adds a special touch to the jewellery and eventually gives it a unique finish, indicating that it is well-loved!
Gold Plated Sterling Silver
- Our gold plated pieces are sterling silver plated with a thin layer of gold.
- Remember not to buff too hard when using a polishing cloth or a soft cloth.
Oxidised Sterling Silver
- The longevity of oxidised silver coating varies and depends heavily on how the piece is worn, cared for, and stored.
- Typically, with daily wear and without special care, the oxidised coating might start to fade or polish off within a few weeks. It often wears off first on the high points and edges, or anywhere it rubs against skin or clothing, leaving an antique or vintage appearance that many people find appealing.
- However, if you take proper care of your oxidised silver piece — for instance, by avoiding direct contact with chemicals, removing it before bathing or swimming, and storing it in a cool, dry place — the oxidised coating can last longer.
- Please do not attempt to clean it using abrasive polishing materials or commercial silver cleaners as these can instantly strip off the oxidised surface.
- While some customers appreciate the faded effect, if you prefer the oxidised look, I am happy to offer a free re-oxidisation service for the first time - you would just need to cover the cost of postage. For any subsequent re-oxidisation requests, a nominal fee of £5 in addition to postage will be charged.
- If you receive an item from us that appears to be faulty or damaged upon arrival, please contact us within 24 hours of delivery. During the review of your case, we may ask for additional details, such as photographs of the item. In some instances, we may ask you to return the item to us for a more detailed inspection.
- In such a case, you'll need to cover the initial return shipping costs. However, if the fault is ours upon inspection, we will reimburse the return shipping cost. We will then offer you the choice of receiving a full refund or a replacement piece. Please note that refunds can take up to 10 working days to appear in your account.
- This policy covers instances where items are damaged upon arrival and does not extend to damage caused by standard wear and tear, accidental damage, or improper use or care. In such circumstances, an item will not be considered as faulty, and you may not be eligible for a full refund.
- We do understand that accidents happen and, therefore, we offer a repair service for such instances. Please note, however, that charges will apply based on the condition of the piece.
- We can usually produce individual earrings if needed. However, this is subject to our ability to source identical materials.
For any further enquiries on our products, please drop us an email at email@example.com or use our contact form.
We are always happy to help.