General Care for Jewellery
These general jewellery care guidelines are relevant for all our pieces of jewellery. Please read them carefully.
- Remember to remove your jewellery before swimming, showering and sleeping.
- Avoid direct contact with cosmetics, hair products and perfume.
- Do not wipe the jewellery with a tissue or a paper towel, as they may leave scratches. When cleaning, wipe them gently with a soft cloth instead.
- If not in use regularly, wipe your jewellery and store it in a soft bag for protection.
Please find special jewellery care tips for the different types of jewellery below. They might help you to know more about how to take care of your AislingChou jewellery. Please note that the general care tips are relevant for ALL jewellery - these are just extra tips to keep your jewellery in the best and most beautiful condition.
Lucidream Series (Luna & Nebula)
- Lucidream Series pieces are made from sterling silver and acrylic. Unfortunately, the gentle characteristics of acrylic cause scratch to occur quickly. Because of this, these pieces will need more attention compared to regular jewellery.
- Clean all pieces using a soft cloth to avoid any fingerprints and scratch marks. Doing so also helps to maintain the original gloss.
- To prolong the life of the piece, it's crucial to remove our Lucidream series jewellery before swimming, shower and sleeping.
925 Sterling Silver
- Oxygen is silver's enemy. The surface of sterling silver will oxidise, and jewellery pieces will get duller and darken over time.
- Clean all pieces using a soft cloth to avoid any fingerprints and scratch marks. Doing so also helps maintain the original gloss of the jewellery. We suggest keeping sterling silver pieces in a plastic sealed pouch to avoid tarnishing when stored.
- If you wear your jewellery every day, you will start to see wear over time. But they will become a special part of you and eventually develop a unique finish. It shows they are loved!
Gold Plated Sterling Silver
- Our gold plated pieces are sterling silver plated with a thin layer of gold.
- Remember not to buff too hard when using a polishing cloth or a soft cloth.
Oxidised Sterling Silver
- Over time, even with the best of care, the oxidised finish will polish off, and the colour of the silver will shine through. Some people like to observe this process, which gives their piece that extra spark of unique character. It also marks all the time that has passed without one noticing.
- If you want to keep the oxidised layer as long as possible, you need to follow all general care guidelines at the top of this page.
- If you damage your jewellery for any reason, please send us an email to email@example.com, and we'll do our best to help.
- We can fix or polish most of the damaged pieces for free within 12 months of your purchase and only charge you for the return postage. After 12 months, we will charge fixing costs depending on the damage and the work that needs to be done.
- We can usually make individual earrings if required.
For any further inquiries on our products, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form.
We are always happy to support and help.